Friday, January 26, 2007

Justice Fruit Pies aka my celebrity mix



click: listen while reading.

I've been sitting in my own head for a while, thinking and staring at an idea, with that expression that every kid has on the packaging for a rock tumbler , and thinking to myself: yes! yes! why not?!

Well the time has come. I am currently in the process of making a celebrity mix. Right?

The idea is this: Justin Timberlake, though talented, probably doesn't listen to a wide variety of music, if any at all. He probably listens to himself like GOB on Arrested Development, come to think of it. 'course, if I was JT I'd do the same thing, and I'd probably be doing it with a lot more people.

I'm carrying around said mix in my bag from here on out and I'm going to give it to any celebrities I see, regardless of who they are. Imagine the possibilities! There probably are none, none possibilities, but imagine them anyway.

I saw Michael Showalter at Union sq a couple of days ago, he was just hangin out, and I kicked my own ass because I didn't have the mix. I also saw Mos Def at the Amy Winehouse show, and I kicked my own ass because I didn't have the mix again.

I mean, if some random dude came up to me and said "I have made a mix for you, sir" and then T-1000'd back into the crowd, I'd probably listen to it. Wouldn't you? Not to mention! If the person put their email address on it wouldn't you email them? no, neither would I. Thats why I'll probably not put my email address on it. That would just be creepy.

Not saying that this isn't phenomenally creepy anyway.

here's the tracklist:

1.) Les Primitif Du Futur - Fox Muesette
2.) Girl Talk - Friday Night
3.) Hank Williams - The Honkytonk Blues
4.) My Chemical Romance - Dead!
5.) Destroyer - Your Blood
6.) Aesop Rock - Daylight
7.) Junior Boys - Double Shadow
8.) TV on the Radio - I Was a Lover
9.) Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
10.) Velvet Underground - Who Loves the Sun
11.) Kasai Allstars - Kabuangoyi
12.) Pavement - Father to a Sister of Thought
13.) Grizzly Bear - On a Neck, on a Spit
14.) 10CC - The Dean and I
15.) Lila Downs - La Tequileria
16.) Spank Rock - What it Look Like
17.) The Kinks - Picture Book
18.) Harrison Ford - If Not For You
19.) Loretta Lynn - Love Is The Foundation
20.) Sam Cooke - Get Yourself Another Fool

No comments: